Tuesday, May 11, 2010

True North

Had to share some photos of our annual CDT concert at the Capital Theater. This was one of the first years I didn't sneak a peak at rehearsals and waited for an actual performance to watch my girls in action. All I'd heard from them was how unexciting it was and things like, "Hope you're not too disappointed." During one of the school matinees, I sat way in the back of the balcony with my date Joseph, not expecting to much. Surprisingly, I was simply overwhelmed by the beauty of the message. The title True North embodied it perfectly.

There was a birth and a childhood..


a journey and migration (Analisa was in a dance that depicted caribou, her friend nicknamed her Bambs in honor of her gorgeous deer like stag leaps)...


there were threats and temptations...


and the purifying power of water...


There were many other symbols (Aurora Borealis) and metaphors that all pointed back to their journey...


towards True North...


During Capital Theater week, the older girls are assigned "little sisters" to mentor and look after. Analisa's little sister clung to her like glue.


There was also plenty of time to bond with dear friends.


And time for scary poses for the camera.


I snapped this picture of the family greeting the girls after coming off stage.


You've got to love the proud grandparents who dote on their girls.


And the Tias and cousins who show their support year after year! Thanks guys!








How I adore these girls and how privileged I am to be on this journey with them.

2 comments:

Ada's Girl said...

Oh how I love all the concerts and events that my beautiful children are involved in and oh how I love them. Thanks for the pics. They cause the reliving of that lovely night.

Carrie said...

It looks like a wonderful evening of dance! I love the picture of what looks like the entire cast on stage. Wow! That's alot of dancers. You know I wish I could have been there. I am so glad they are all still dancing!

Today, I have my little dance recital in the basement. I am so excited! :) I will definitely post some pictures.