Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Piano Girl

A few weeks ago my girl Analisa had the chance to audition, win and play at the beautiful Assembly Hall on Temple Square. She put in countless hours in order to pull off a solid audition. Come performance time she was looking a little like this:


As she stepped on to the very high platform to play the piece I'd heard a thousand times before, I felt my heart pound out of my chest for her. A hundred little silent prayers shot out of my head as I held my breath listening to her music fill the room. She was poised and confident and played it better than I'd ever heard it all other 999 times before. We were so proud of her! I wish I'd been allowed to record it. It was gorgeous. She's a hard worker, that girl of mine, and it was so rewarding to see it all pay off when she needed it the most.

My pictures don't do the night justice. Brett, Matthew, Grandpa David, Tia Moni, and her not so secret admirer, Howard, all treked out in the rain to hear her play. It was a night we'll long remember.





3 comments:

Daisie said...

A beautiful girl who makes beautiful music!! I hope I have the opportunity to hear her play someday!

Anonymous said...

how thrilling! Playing at the Assembly Hall is a BIG deal.

Ada's Girl said...

Beautiful girl...wish I could have heard her beautiful music that night but I can imagine that it was wonderful.