Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Sarah

My baby girl turned 17 today.

While looking through my pictures and videos,I had a hard time deciding on what exactly I wanted to share about this little lady of mine. I settled on this short one minute video of her playing her cello at last months Christmas concert. There's really nothing fancy to this simple book 2 song, but there's a moment in the clip where she looks at me and smiles and gives me that oh so familiar, "there you go again, mom" look that somehow just melts me every time.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

What a cute face. She melted my heart too!

Happy 17th Sarah! Sure wish you and Spencer could celebrate together!

batch5 said...

Why is it that 17 sounds so much older than 16?? Happy Birthday Sarah! Heather says we didn't get together this year-- that we missed that tradition. So we should see what we can figure out very soon.

Brett Nielson said...

That's our girl! Full of beauty, goodness and music!

Ada's Girl said...

Loved the concert and the greeting she gave us all as we entered the building. What a joy she is. Heaven sent. Time is going much too fast. That little blue eyed, yes blue eyed, baby girl stole my heart in an instant and nothing has changed in these 17 years except those blue eyes are now beautiful brown.