Saturday, January 23, 2010

A day in Newport

The first few days of our Christmas break were spent on the coast. It was so green and lush. While I am grateful for all four seasons, it is a far cry from the snow I see sitting on my window sill at this very moment.







While Sarah and Katherine had visited the ocean a year ago, this was a first for Analisa and the boys. Analisa insists that hanging out at Lighthouse beach for three years of her life in Evanston, IL does not count.





My Mr. Nielson in his ever famous, "I Am Nephi" pose. Some things never change. Love the images of Joseph skipping benches and Analisa and Samuel holding hands in the background.

As we walked towards the ocean. I told the kids they could only get their feet wet.

"It's way to cold, and I don't want you getting sick while we're on vacation!" I said in my firm mommy voice.

Yeah right. Who was I talking to? The pigeons? At least they listened.






Can't you just see the coldness on his red feet?


Something about the sound of the waves makes Miss Kate dance for joy!


Within 20 minutes every bit of Samuel's clothes were soaked.

"The waves just sucked me in!" he cried.

About 20 minutes later, the next victim came shivering over. Joseph said to Brett as they were walking towards the van, "Mom's gonna be furious. But I don't care, it was worth it." Little stinker!



And of course, you can't visit Newport without a visit to the one place that put cupcakes on the map. Ah, yes. Worth it indeed.

3 comments:

Ada's Girl said...

Fabulous pictures. You're becoming a pro right in front of my eyes. Looks like you had a great time.

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness those cupcakes look good and what a fun, fun trip and awesome pictures. I cracked up at the one of Joseph and Samuel without their shirts in the car. Joseph was so happy and Sammy not to thrilled. Classic.

Kristin said...

Oh the fun, if only we could have been right there with you! Next time, right?...including eating all the Sprinkles cupcakes we can handle.
Good thing you missed the tornado warnings that have been here this past week! Crazy! I'll call you this week. Got you your message.
xoxo