Saturday, February 21, 2009

little miss sunshine



Have you ever met a person who lights up a room just by walking in it? I have! She lives with me. Her name is Katherine.

Last Friday she flew out to Orlando to surprise her BFF Emma for her 12th birthday. She took my cell phone with her and checked in about every 3-4 hours faithfully. I felt like I was nursing again. It was so sweet. Because she is not quite 12 I had to get a special ticket to get through security to pick her up. As I came down the escalator I could see her tiny little figure in the distance jumping up and down behind a counter. Since she couldn't run to me, I ran to her. Boy did I miss her. She could hardly wait to tell me all about her many adventures and show me the hundred or so pictures she'd taken. We snuggled up in the back seat and scrolled through her camera as Brett chauffeured us home. I'm sure she'll give a play by play on her blog once she catches up on homework, but for now I'll share just a few of her favorites.


Her sweet friend Emma flew in from Virginia after a 12 hour delay. Katherine jumped out of the closet as she entered the room. What a surprise and sweet reunion.





This was Kate's first time touching the sands of the Atlantic Ocean. She ran out of the car and started dancing and twirling in sheer joy.




They got to visit a new attraction at Disney World called The American Idol Experience. I heard they featured Miss Kate as a back-up dancer on the jumbo screen.


These were two friends Katherine made on the airplane coming home. Word is they're coming over for dinner next time they're in Salt Lake.


She took this picture for Marisa and Grandma Martha as she was flying over Oklahoma. "So that they could see what the sun looked like on the other side of the clouds."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, that's our Miss K! Love that girl!

Carrie said...

She is the luckiest 12 year old ever! Mom and I were CRACKING UP at the friends Katherine made on the plane. I am sure that was comforting to you!

Kristin said...

I am so glad she had such a great time! She is little miss sunshine!

Ada's Girl said...

The excellent adventure of Katherine Nielson! I can't wait for the complete report. She is sunshine itself!

Ada's Girl said...

I forgot to mention the coming dinner guests! That is hilarious.