Monday, November 24, 2008

Mexico Lindo

As part of my sister Moni's job, she is sent to lush hotels to do site inspections and scope out possible places to hold sales events and incentive trips. Since her husband Jody had spent his allotted vacation time on a recent cruise, she asked me to accompany her. Leaving 6 children and a husband behind for 5 days was not an easy thing to pull off, but they survived and we are all the better for it.

Moni worked most of the time which gave me a chance to catch up on some much needed sleep and visit faraway places through the pages of books. I visited the big, hot pink house in South Carolina home to a bee-keeper named Lily and the enchanted lands of Kildenree where a goose girl named Ani talked to the wind. It was heavenly.

When we weren't with the other V.I.P's at fancy dinners we relaxed and talked about the funny things our husbands do, the joys of raising large families and how fun it will be when we can bring all of our family back with us someday. Mainly we just goofed off and had fun being together.

Here's a sample of how some our conversations went:

Moni (in a whispered tone): "Check out the girl in the two piece on your left."

Me (sun glasses pushed down to the tip of my nose): " WOWZA!"

Moni: "If you ever see me looking like that, SHOOT ME!"


While sipping limonadas catching a few rays by the pool before our check out time on Sunday, you might have heard this.

Moni (viewing conference on her video I-Pod) : "Do you think it's sac-religious to be laying out by a pool on Sunday while listening to conference?"

Me (engrossed in a book): "Well, I guess if you were sipping a Bud-Light in your bikini, maybe."


We just laughed.







This is the view from the balcony of our room. So beautiful!


Love you sis!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at those gorgeous photos! Look at you and your equally beautiful sister! You deserved a vacation girl. But I did miss you. We will be at B& the B tonight? You?

Ada's Girl said...

Beautiful girls having fun. What could be better?

Melissa said...

Wow what a nice break to get! Gotta love the sister time away from the kiddos. Kudos to Brett for letting you get away for a bit.

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time. I talked to Brett at church yesterday and he said he survived! By the way, I went and saw Twilight with my brother and his girlfriend (they had an extra ticket and how could I refuse!!)...anyway, we need to talk!!
call me
xoxo
Kristin

Carrie said...

What fun! The beach is gorgeous. That must have been special time with your sis. What a great hubby to let you go!

The Stanley's said...

What a treat! The warm sunshine! Sister time! Sleep!.....

Anonymous said...

How Fun!!

Annie said...

Hey Claudia! I found you through Michelle's blog...I love when I find old friends from good ol' EMC! Anyway..I can't believe how grown up all your kids are!!! The girls are absolutely GORGEOUS and the boys are so handsome! Crazy...hope all is well with you and have a happy turkey day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining me hermanita! I'm so glad you were able to relax and spend time just with me (oh and all the Executives who couldn't get over how many kids we had!) Sorry I left you alone so much and was too tired to go to the movies but it was still fun! Thanks for making sure the waves didn't carry me off into the ocean. Don't worry Papi we didn't go in together. :) I really hope we can take all of our families back someday. Love ya back sista!
Moni