Wednesday, November 12, 2008

funny girl

Here is a little glimpse of an e-mail I received from Katherine's school teacher. What? Doesn't everyone get long e-mails from their child's teacher telling you how amazing your child is? I know. We are extremely fortunate. This was so Katherine, I had to share.


As I told you this afternoon, Katherine’s is extremely witty and has perfect comic timing. She makes me laugh on a daily basis. Let me give you an example:

One day the students were working on an art project. The kids at her group were comparing the cars that their parents drive. This is how the conversation went:

Student 1: My dad has a really nice car. He drives a BMW.

Student 2: My dad has a Trans Am!

Student 3: Really? My dad drives a Lexis!

Katherine: Oh yeah? My dad drives a minivan!

She had no idea I was listening in, but I don’t think I have ever laughed so hard at a student comment. The way she said it was perfect. She knows exactly what to say in every situation. She’s never rude or disrespectful, but she has impeccable timing!






That's my Kate. You can always count on her for a smile. Gotta love that girl.



p.s. my studly, minivan driving hubby drives dance carpool too. love you babe!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh yeah--our Dad at our house drives an old beat up Ford Taurus with a squeaky steering wheel and brakes, AND a broken windshield! HA! Top that! :)

Katherine is adorable! What a cute class pic!

Daisie said...

LOVE that Katherine and love those pictures of her!!! I wish so badly that she and "Wagon" lived closer! She's a character!!

Ada's Girl said...

My dad drove an old school Cadilac with dents on every side as well as front and back! And....he was totally cool!

Anonymous said...

Kate is the best-- we certainly appreciate her humor!

Papi said...

I think Katherine is like you, when you was in high school I had a small two door honda half burned and you always ask me to give ride to you friends. I remember one friend was daugther of a Italy consuler and you never think about the small car. I still remember and I feel proud of you and your family.
your PAPI.

Melissa said...

Katherine is on the money! Mini-vans rock cause you can do so much in them and can carry a party with you! Hehehe, she's a hoot (texas term for funny). =-)

Kimbooly said...

Claudia, thank you SO much for posting on my blog post about the importance of the traditional family. I didn't think anyone had looked at it.

Also, I'm pretty sure I recognize you. Did you meet Daisie in the Memorial Ward? Weren't we in the same ward? I had only one baby when I met you; my oldest, Jeffrey. We lived in the Wyndham Oaks apts. over by HEB and Carolyn Gardner (who now lives in Houston again, after moving to Indiana and Utah, and her blog is on my sidebar).

Thanks again for posting on my blog!

oh, and ps. your children are gorgeous, especially that teenage daughter.

Marisa said...

Love that girl I guess everyone needs a comedian in their family and that must be Kate! She is too cute! We miss you guys and wished we lived closer.
(BTW loved dads comment)

Crystal said...

I wonder who the comedian in our family was??