Friday, November 20, 2009

Art



If you happen to be in Springville, Utah visiting the local art museum you might come across a painting that looks like this. It will be on display til the end of December and then be shipped off to some gallery on the east coast where it will sell for about $8,000.

Last year while looking at our agents website, the artist, Sandy Gagon, came across a picture of Matthew. She took one look into his deep brown eyes and knew he was the boy "Timothy" she'd envisioned in her plan for this portrait. After much searching she came across my picture. Since our profiles are first name only she called the agent and asked if there was any chance we might be related. She was thrilled to find out that I was his mother! She measured us for costumes and began her work with me. I sat (head tilted just so) for about 20 minutes at a time and then rested for about 5. This process went on once a week for about three hours at a time for about 6 months. During the "breaks" I grew to know and love this dear lady as a sister. Her testimony and love for the scriptures became evident through our weekly conversations.

After she completed most of her work with me, she began painting Matthew. His breaks consisted of mini art lessons and talk of classical music. Needless to say, it wasn't long before the two of them became bosom buddies. It was a special time for the three us and one that I will always cherish.

7 comments:

Blue said...

Claudia, you live the most charmed life of anyone i know.

it's beautiful. you were both perfect for that! <3

Carrie said...

Oh my goodnes, that is amazing! I agree with Blue. You do live quite the charmed life! That is so special.

Ada's Girl said...

Gorgeous. I hope she will give you a print.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. So sweet!

Kristin said...

After hearing so much about this painting, it is so nice to finally see it! What a treasure it is.

Daisie said...

Wow, that's awesome! How many people can say they're in a painting worth $8,000??? What a beautiful piece of art!!

Crystal said...

WOW! I can finally see it. I loved hearing about your "work" days with this sweet lady and now here it is. It is beautiful Clau!