Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Adventure


This picture makes me laugh now, but at the time I was going through what would end up being 3 days of all natural labor with Samuel. And that my friends, was no laughing matter. Why on earth would I put myself through such a thing, you ask? Cause I can do hard things.

Over the last 19 years we have lived in many places across the country. The moves had always been initiated by better opportunities in Brett's line of work -sales. Added mula for an ever growing family was a bonus, but the biggest pay day came in the form of friends we made along the way. Kurt and Julie in Provo, Lee and Juliana in Ohio, Cindy, Jen, Kim and Steve in Chicago, Daisie in Houston, Kristin, Michelle and Blue in Salt Lake and countless others who have had a profound impact on me and the lives of my children. We savored the time living close to family in Georgia, Ohio and Houston. Get togethers with my sisters and in-laws here in Utah have been priceless!

As typical with any sales job cycle you have good years and not so good years. Budget cuts in the lowest dollar per pupil state in the Union have left my educational sales hubby in a difficult position. As we've prayed about what to do without completely uprooting our two high school girls the answer seemed rather simple. Sell the house.

Because we bought our home just before the big housing boom at a crazy good price we felt that if we could sell for current market value we could live on the equity for several years until the oldest two graduate and something better presents itself work wise. A darling family in our ward who were just preparing to move themselves jumped on it and long story short, we close after the holidays.

Come February 1st comfy chaos will be taking up new residency. (heavy sigh).Who knows what adventures lie ahead? But ready or not here we go, again.

8 comments:

batch5 said...

Good Luck!! It will be an adventure for sure. I am with you though with all the good friends all over the country. Who knew that the 2 of us would go so many places? Keep us updated on where you end up and if you need any help!

Ada's Girl said...

We can relate to all the moves and encumbant blessings attached but we are all praying that you stay with us somewhere in Utah. Whatever, we are there to help and support in every way.

Carrie said...

That was very creative using the picture of you laboring. It is such a great pic, by the way. You CAN do hard things and there will be blessings all along the way. We wish you the best and can't wait to see your new comfy chaos abode. It will be wonderful.

Carrie

Blue said...

first of all, are you freaking KIDDING me?! you're 9 months preggerz and so beautiful...it's inconceivable (heh...inCONCEIVABLE).

but SECOND, they sold the house? and you have just a few weeks to move?

i'm happy to help you pack and do whatever. but only if you stay here :-D (otherwise it's like aiding the enemy.)

i'll be keeping my eyes open. let's talk soon. but meanwhile, happy thanksgiving to you all. <3

Daisie said...

HOLY COW!! Changes changes changes!! Ok, I first have to say that you look so incredibly beautiful in that picture--I didn't even get a chance to read the post yet and my mind was screaming, "WHAT!?!? She's pregnant again???? How did I not know this?!?!?" But girl, you definitely can do hard things, and you do them well! I'm excited for you guys and the new adventure that lies ahead for you, even if it's just a new house or new neighborhood. It's always exciting to imagine the new decorating possibilities! Good luck! Can't wait to hear what's next for you guys! xoxo

Anonymous said...

where are you going my friend? My heart is hurting.

Melissa said...

Oh WoW! Best wishes on finding a relocation spot that will be best for your precious family. =-)

The Stanley's said...

We love you.