Sunday, August 9, 2009

sunday treat

It ain't no joke that us Nielson's have quite the sweet tooth. It's also a fact that out of pure delight I visit my local, most favorite bakeries 3+ times a week for little bites of my favorite home-made tasting treats. (More on that another day.) I try however, to compensate for my little indulgences by eating healthy at home and limiting any and all "junk food" that enters my door. I try to buy organic whenever possible and read every label in efforts to stick with all natural ingredients. A couple years ago I bought a Vita-mix that I have absolutely loved. During the school year when the kids are rushing around getting ready I sneak the good stuff into smoothies which they down on their way out the door. It's been a great investment! I was recently reminded of a very simple recipe found on my friend Lisa's blog that I hadn't made for quite sometime. I forgot how delicious it was.

The recipe call's for:
1 cup yogurt ( I love Mountain High brand because of it's high probiotic cultures)
2 cups fresh strawberries (or you can use frozen and omit the ice)
2 cups crushed ice
1/3 C sugar



Blend til smooth. Our recipe made enough to fill 8 of these cute little cups recently purchase at IKEA.


Sorry, taste tester not included ;)

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Cute! And those sound really yummy! I love strawberry smoothies.

Crystal said...

Those bowls are so cute! I hope you make me some of that yummy stuff when I go over on Friday :)

Denise said...

Could it be made with turbinado, or better yet honey? That would increase the "healthiness" of it even more...

Ada's Girl said...

That looks awesome! Thanks for the recipe.

Carrie said...

I don't think we have Mountain High yogurt here in Georgia, but I am going to try the recipe. I love how simple it is.