Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anticipation

My baby girl starts junior high next Monday. It seems like just yesterday we moved into our little cottage down the street and my big girls began their uphill pilgrimage to our neighborhood school. It was during this time that my dear friend Leslie, who could also be characterized as the worlds best grandma, took a liking to my sweet little Kate. Because she knew I had my hands full with two baby boys, Leslie would pick up Katherine and take her to Costco where even the sample givers knew her by name. Along with birthday outings and one on one time, she and Katherine began a tradition of going to see the plays at Wasatch Junior High each and every spring. They just went to there 9th play, Peter Pan, last April. Leslie was always sure to find an aisle seat towards the back so that Katherine could stand up and dance and mimic the dancers on stage. "Someday it will be my turn and you will have to sit on the front row to come see me", Katherine would say. Well that time has come. She's off to the big school, ready and eager to begin her own adventure.


(She waited in the driveway for hours for the mail-man to deliver her highly anticipated schedule. It finally came!)

6 comments:

Daisie said...

She's so beautiful, just like her mama! Congrats Katherine, and junior high--watch out, here she comes!!!

Carrie said...

I am so excited for Katherine. She is going to have so much fun. She will be sure of that. I love her haircut. She is looking more grown up. I can't believe it.

Whitney and Family said...

Cute blog, Claudia! I agree, Leslie is the world's best grandma! Katherine defintely has a unique enthusiasm for life that we could all learn from! Very exciting to FINALLY be starting at Wasatch!! I can't wait to see her in the plays! Have a great year, cutest Katherine!!

Anonymous said...

How I love baby Kate. It was so fun to spend Saturday with her shopping for school clothes. She and Ariana went from store to store telling eachother how cute they looked in all the outfits they picked out. Ariana is just as excited about middle school but how I wish they were going together. Best of luck Katherine in your new adventure! love you~tia moni

Melissa said...

Katherine looks so grown up with her braces and her new haircut! Watch out middle school world...here she comes!

Ada's Girl said...

Growing up seems easy for this little girl now a teen. We can't wait to see whatever she does wherever she does it. Congratulations Yummylicious! We love you.