Monday, August 3, 2009

Red-eye


(Brett snapped this picture of me quite some time ago while on a  layover waiting for a red-eye flight. It captures so well how I feel these days. Sleep deprived, neither here nor there, waiting for a return flight of good health!)

August is here and I feel like summer has just slipped right through my fingers. We lost an entire week and a half due to the dreaded H1N1 virus which hit our home hard and with domino effect. One by one we suffered fever, chills, body aches and a terrible cold that has left us feeling weak and miserable. One afternoon after our little Sammy boy finally got back on his feet, he tip toed into my room where I lay exhausted, kissed me on my arm and said, "Don't worry mama, you'll feel better soon, at least we're not dead yet." 

A few blessings which must be noted have come by way of this dreaded virus. Firstly, almost every inch of our humble abode has been sprayed with Lysol, bleached and disinfected. You really could eat off my kitchen floor and be okay. Secondly, I finally found time to reconnect with my good friend JK Rowling and finished the 7th Harry Potter book. My heads been swimming with thoughts of good verses evil, patronuses, destiny and a mother's love. I enjoyed every minute of my time in Potterville. And last but not least, I have repented for all the times I've taken my good health for granted and thank the Lord above for Motrin, penicillin and the hope of better days ahead.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness, you guys!!! You have got to get better. I can't beleive how horrible this has been for your family. I have missed your posts and pray you will all be well ASAP! Take care-

Love Sammy's hilarious comment. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are getting better over there. We'll fit in our pool time soon!

Crystal said...

I feel your pain sista.....

Kristin said...

Claudia, I am so sorry! I had no idea your house got hit with the H1N1. I'll call you this week. Wish I was there to help you!
xoxo

The Stanley's said...

Claudia, I'm sorry for you guys! I'll tell you what you are not alone in this. Many members of my ward have it. Your post described it perfectly. Get Better soon!