Friday, July 17, 2009

Nostalgia

Last week I dropped off my two oldest girls at the place where it all began. The place where I first met my very own Mr. Nielson almost 20 years ago. Funny how walking through the halls of those dorms makes it feel like yesterday. Helping the girls unpack their bags and make up their beds made me want to stay just a little while longer. The thought of having them just a few years away from being dropped off for semesters at a time the way I was all those years ago terrified me! I came home and told Brett we were moving.

A few days after dropping Analisa off at her tennis camp she called and said she had ran a hole right thru the sole of her tennis shoes and would I mind bringing her up a new pair. I gladly complied and met up with her at the BYU bookstore. She looked so beautiful traipsing around campus like she belonged there. I wish I had a picture to go with the image in my mind.

Sarah was having her own fun at the Harris Fine Arts building singing and dancing and doing her thing. Crystal and her gang joined us on Friday night to see the final show. Sitting in the theatre listening to my old director, Randy Boothe now direct my child on the same stage was wild!

Who knows if any of my kids will go to the old BYU like I did. What I do know is that they are growing up right before my very eyes and will fly away from my little nest someday. The thought of it kills me, but I suppose it's an idea I'd better start getting use to.



2 comments:

Carrie said...

How neat to see your girls have such great experiences!

Crystal said...

Thank you for inviting us, it was such a wonderful show! I will never forget how Sarah spotted us in the crowd and had a huge smile on her face and when I threw her the rock and roll sign she threw it right back at me! It was awesome! She sang so beautifully! You go girl! I hope those girls get to go to BYU and even if you don't move here to my little Provo town ( which by the way, it would be my dream come true if you did) they will always have their Tia Crystal near by, to do their laundry of course ;)