Monday, June 15, 2009

I love to see the Temple...


We drove across the valley last week to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It was beautiful to share the awe and sacredness of such a place with all the children in tow. Samuel came as well, but he was off pouting to the side somewhere because someone took his spot. 

I have always had a strong love for temples and the peace that I've been able to find within their walls. It's like a little bit of heaven in there.

Last Saturday Brett, Moni and Jody and I witnessed the marriage our cousin Michael in the Salt Lake Temple. The sealer performing the ceremony said that their union was the beginning of an eternity. He shared such insight with us during the sealing that I wanted to take notes. It was beautiful. I loved sitting next to my sister at the front of the alter as we wiped tears away, smiled and glanced over at our handsome husbands. I look forward to sharing similar experiences with all of our children and family someday. 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That must have been so nice to share that experience with your children. That is hopefully something that they will always remember, especially the spirit that was felt there.

Ada's Girl said...

Love the picture.