Saturday, January 10, 2009

sweet sixteen and never been kissed...hmmm...

Sixteen years ago today Heaven sent us a baby girl...

and her name was Sarah. Here she is at 1 day old.

I remember feeling so overwhelmed with feelings of love and worry that I wouldn't know what to do with this precious little spirit entrusted to me. I still feel that way sometimes.


Her she is at 1 year old.


And here's what she looks like now.


She is a ray a sunshine among her circle of friends. She makes us laugh on a daily basis. She is growing up into a fine young lady and we couldn't be more proud.


Love you more, Sarah!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Sarah, Happy Sweet Sixteen you are such a beautiful and talented girl I can't believe how fast you have grown I hope you have a great birthday.
Lots of love from Oklahoma,
Your, Tia Marisa
p.s. I have some dates lined up for you when you come visit me don't tell you dad

katherine said...

Sarah I LOVE you soooooooooooooooo MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But now that you 16 don't start dating too fast!!! ;)


Your little sis Katherine

P.S I would be very surprised if you listed to your little sisters advice, your aunt's think that too about the dating thing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you crazy girl! I love you so much!! I remember walking through a blizzard to come see you at the hospital the day you were born. I was so sad when you moved to GA when you were so little. I was your favorite Tia and you were my very own personal china doll. Remeber how much you are loved and that you are a special girl. Make good choices baby girl!

Love you, Tia Moni

Carrie said...

I remember so well those baby pictures and when she actually looked like that. I can't believe our big kids are 16, right at the same time. They are the special little first grandchildren. They were so adorable. Sarah is such a sweetie. We love her around here. Spencer tells his friends what an incredible singer she is.
Happy Birthday Sarah!

The Stanley's said...

I didn't realize you had so many January babies. Looks like the holidays are still happening at your house.

Ada's Girl said...

Sweet sixteen, Sweet thirteen, Sweet every birthday since the original! Love you Sarah. You make us happy just thinking about you. Last night we were laughing about your drivers test story. Have a great year and keep 'em waiting. You have great things ahead.