Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Air and Simple Gifts"

I had full intention of going to scripture group yesterday morning. As I turned on the TV to catch a glimpse of history in the making, I happened upon this...



(if that doesn't work you can see it here)

By far, my favorite part of the inauguration. Music transcends ideology and politics. To me, it is viewed as a sincere prayer, one without hidden meaning and selfish intent.

While I pray for our new President, I openly admit to shedding tears as I watched President Bush and his wife depart. The biased media bashed this poor man to smithereens. Personally, I believe he was a man who genuinely had our nations best interest at heart. I believe he was a decent, God fearing man who made hard choices that were never popular. Only time will show the fruits of his labors.

May God bless those who have sworn to uphold the constitution and this great land we call America.


ps: later that morning I had a voice mail from handsome hubby singing this, as only he can do ;) Thanks for making my day sweetie.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree that the media did treat him so unfairly. Oh, and since we were McCain supporters, little Ms. Jessica still prays for "help Obama makes good choices"...I can't help but smile to hear it.

Brett Nielson said...

You have a pure heart! Don't worry, things will be alright for us in the future.

Love you.

Ada's Girl said...

That was truely wonderful and I agree with everything you said!