Monday, September 29, 2008

Magic

Finally, after 18 years I have the engagement pictures I always dreamed of!

Thanks to my dear, patient, most talented friend Michelle the magic of Brett and I was captured in mega-pixels this last Saturday off the side of the road.

When Michelle talked to me about wanting to do a photo shoot with Brett and me, I must admit I was nervous. Surely there were cute young couples in her ward who'd fit the bill better than us. My studly, handsome prince charming is sometimes less than photogenic and then there was the forever daunting question of what to wear???!!!

My girls borrowed a red prom dress from a neighbor and and in a moment of craziness I tried it on and found that it fit. Snugly, but it fit. When I told my sister Moni that I took some pictures with Brett in a borrowed red prom dress she asked me if I was crazy. Yep, I guess I am. It was fun though. And so worth the effort.

Thank you Michelle, for capturing us so perfectly. I don't think these pictures would have ever been as meaningful 18 years ago. Marriage, kids, sacrifice and life experience together are what make these so real to me.

8 comments:

katherine said...

Yea you did dad!!!!

Crystal said...

Oh my sexiness! That's right I called you sexy! You look hot girl! You sure did drop it like it's HOTT! Love, love all the pictures. You two look amazing! I can only hope that I age as well as you two, wait what am I talking about I don't even look that good now! You inspire me. Can we use these photos for the big 20yr anv. party we're having ;) LOL!
Love my original Ken and Malibu Barbie!
Love little sis,
Crys

Crystal said...

oh sorry here is a p.s
I love that you wore a red prom dress! Can us sisters all wear prom dresses and take pictures?? Pretty please!!! Moni will agree don't worry I can convince her of our craziness!

Daisie said...

HOLY HOTNESS! You guys look great!! You need to slip me and Denton some of that magic potion that keeps you guys so young!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree-- it's the eighteen years of marriage that makes those photos even more beautiful. I'll get some young engaged couple to model for me soon but how can I expect them to have that same kind of magic?

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Clau! Totally LOVE the pictures. I can't beleive how awesome they are. I wish I could say which one was my favorite but I love them all! Even the prom dresses ones!! You go girl! I need to loose 20lbs before I would even attempt it! Can't wait to see which one you pick to hang up in your house.

Love you!
Moni

Kristin said...

Wow Claudia, what a treasure for you and Brett to have! Love every one of them, especially the one with you and Brett looking at eachother with the sun shining in the back. Love, love, love it! Michelle really captured you two.

Denise said...

I do think Michelle has an amazing gift...BUT, it helps a lot that you are so beautiful.