Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SYTYCD

So, if you are wondering what the title of this post stands for, then you probably haven't been watching SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE...DANCE...DANCE... Last night we gathered together with some of Utah's biggest fans and attended the concert held at the E Center. Thanks to the generous gift of Cristy's friend Jerusha we were treated to a box seat where we danced and partied the evening away.

Cristy, Amy and I have been having weekly SYTYCD parties for a few years now. We clap, we cheer, we have our secret crushes. We (being experts and all) critique far better than any biased judge on the show. And sometimes, if we're lucky, Cristy will demo moves in her yard as we depart for home. We always watch the results show with our families and call each other to see how fair or unfair we felt the judging went (we missed you Matt). At the beginning of each season Amy makes a 2 page survey sheet where we take our best guess at who will be the top 10, final 4, top 2, winner, so on and so forth. Points are tallied for each correct answer and a grand prize is awarded at the end of the season. Last years winner, Miss Sarah won some snazzy earrings, a tiara, lip gloss from Bath & Body Works and of course, the title of SYTYCD WINNER!

As you can imagine, we were more than ecstatic to be able to see our beloved top 10 dancers perform our favorite dances LIVE! It was so awesome! Watching it live verses watching it on TV where you are forced to watch through some weird camera man's view point is not the same. If you are a fan and they are coming to a town near you, GO SEE IT, you won't be disappointed. I honestly believe dancing yourself or watching dance can be spiritual in nature. It is good for the soul. We filmed some of our favorite dances and will put them up here soon.

You might be asking yourselves: So, do you think you can dance? Oh yeah ... we don't think, we KNOW we can! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so JEALOUS!!! I wish I could have gone too! I love that show I even have Jody hooked on it! Glad you had fun even if it was without me! :(

katherine said...

Best night of my Life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

What a TOTALLY fun night!!!! I LOVE SYTYCD!!!

Crystal said...

I'm so jealous too! It's ok though one day you will all be going to see me perform on SYTYCD, right? HA, In my dreams! For now it's just Brett and I in your living room doing the infamous Ricky Martin spins!! Glad you gals had a blast :)
Love Crys