Friday, July 9, 2010

sweet sixteen

It was a windy day in Chicago. I had just put my newest baby girl, Katherine, down for a nap and headed toward the kitchen when I overheard Sarah and Analisa deep in make-believe conversation. "Well I am almost SIXTEEN," I heard Analisa say as she peeked her head around the door just into my view. I froze that moment with a picture because it hit me like a ton of bricks. Someday those sweet little faces that consumed my every thought and move would grow up, and life would be more than baby dolls, dress-ups and pb & j!



That day came on June 28. My little Lisey pie has grown taller than her own mama, and has in fact, turned 16.



As I look back and think about how that sweet little girl used to sneak into my bed and snuggle my face every morning. I am in awe at the incredible young lady she has become. She's a genuine beauty through and through. How lucky I am to travel this journey with her and forever call her mine.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I remember that little Lisey pie so well in her little Laura Ashley dresses and curly hair. She is so much fun and so loved by all of us! Happy Birthday Analisa!

Melissa said...

I remember that little face at the wedding reception just a dancing the night away! She truly is a beautiful and talented girl. She is lucky to have you as her mamma.