Tuesday, July 13, 2010

land that i love

I figure I'd better post a few of our 4th of July pics before the month slips away!

We made what's becoming our yearly traditional trek to Provo and met up with Crystal and Omar for The Stadium of Fire. This year Brett and I and the boys watched from the outside of the stadium while our three girls watched from the inside. Sarah met up with one of her SOAR boyfriends (more on that later) while Kate and Lisey sat in the BYU co-ed section and sang their guts out with the live and in person, Carrie Underwood . The songs Cowboy Casanova and Undo it (dedicated to a too cool for words, H.C.) never sounded so good says Lisey.

Samuel insisted I take pictures of the fire works. "Did you get that? Did you get that?", he would say. It doesn't matter how many times you've seen them, "fire.works" (pronounced as two separate words in our family) always light up the sky like magic. I love this holiday and everything it represents!

I forgot to mention. If you are ever in Provo and looking for a good, very inexpensive place to eat yummy Mexican food, try Gallo Giro. It's the bomb. Thanks sissy.











1 comment:

Carrie said...

Great pic of you and Brett. O'kay, I'm not up on the lingo. What's an HC??? Was Carrie Underwood actually there? We would be so jealous!