Saturday, December 12, 2009

Listen to the Sounds of Heaven

Last winter our dear friend Blue invited Matthew and Katherine to hear her daughter sing with The Salt Lake Children's Choir. When the kids came home that night they went on and on about how beautiful it was and how I just had to hear it to believe it. Matthew commented to me that he wanted to try out and sing with the choir too. I didn't think much of it but he insisted. I made a few phone calls, arranged an audition and here he is one year later adding his own angelic voice to the mix.



Nothing like beautiful Christmas music to usher in the spirit of the season.





Berceuse (Lullaby to the Child)
Their joyous voices lead us on to the child who in the manger reposes on the fragrant hay
Oh sleep little Jesus, Oh sleep holy child
Heavens shining eyes are watching over Thee, so sleep
Our hearts fill with hope and joy at thy birth
Slumber dearest Jesus fair heavenly King, Oh sleep
To God we sing our joy Noel!
Sing we Noel!

3 comments:

Blue said...

Beautiful! I wish I were in town right now so I could hear him sing in person. A girl in our ward is interested in joining...I'd like to give her your information so you can talk to them about it if that's okay. maybe a good carpool option, too! ♥

Bonnie said...

Fun! I love having flashbacks of performing there...that was an amazing experience. :)

Carrie said...

Their music is so peaceful. Mom told me how wonderful it was. I am glad I got to hear a few excerpts. They do sound like angels.