Saturday, September 26, 2009

I ♥ pumpkin

Pumpkin chocolate chip bread from Great Harvest is one of my favorite treats. So Cupcake makes little mini versions topped with cream cheese frosting. Add a nice cold glass of milk and I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

I recently came across this pumpkin pancake recipe through my friend Lisa. It is scrumptious and nutritious all in one. You can find it on Allrecipes.com to adjust portion size. This recipe made about 16 pancakes.



Combine dry ingredients:
2 C flour ( I used 1/2 whole wheat and it still tasted great)
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg (the recipe called for allspice but I added this instead)
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt

Combine wet ingredients:
1 1/2 C milk (plus maybe 1-2 Tbsp in you like them thinner)
1 C pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp vinegar

Combine wet and dry together but don't over stir. Spoon about 1/4 cup on hot griddle. Batter will be thick, just use the back of a spoon to smooth out. Brown on both sides and top with chopped pecans, smart balance butter, maple syrup and say mmm, mmm good!

To learn more about the nutritional content of pumpkin click here.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am a big fan of pumpkin too. I will definetly try this one out.