Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Meet some Mormons

The church has a website found at Mormon.org that features mini videos of members from all walks of life sharing a little bit about themselves and what their faith means to them. Scroll to the right over the little boxes with the faces. Click on one you like and press play. It is fabulous. There were some that stood out to me that I wanted to share with a few of my favorite people. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Mom (click on Chris): I want to find you a guy like Chris. Or Robert. Aren't they awesome?

Dad Nielson (click on Jeff): A kindred spirit. Member of Sinners Motorcycle Club. Love it.

Moni (click on Rose): She reminded me of you. You may not be an artist but you create magic with what you do so well at CTMH.

Crystal (click on Valentin): Doesn't he remind you of some boys from our old stomping ground? Like Edmundo and Uvalado. I just want to give him a hug.

Lindsay (type in Josh M in the search): He is a skateboarder who reminded me of Uncle Funky. What do you think?

Sarah (click on Alex to see her favorite) He is speaking to the kids in our stake next Sunday. Can't wait to hear him sing. It will rock at church. Oh yeah!

Me (click on Casandra and Daisy. They are two of my favorites) I love, love, love Casandra's art. I have already been in touch with her and can't wait to meet her someday soon. I also love the simpleness and directness of Daisy's story. I looked up her blog and saw that she recently married in the temple! She looks so happy which makes me happy too!

To all my fellow mommy bloggers: Click on Jenny only if you have a box of tissues handy. Oh my! What or where would we be without the gospel as our anchor?

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, and a mother. My name Claudia Zarate Nielson. And I am a Mormon.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this! I looked at Rose's video. Her artwork is amazing!!! This is a way fun little part of the website. You could get hooked!

Ada's Girl said...

You are a prototype of a real Mormon not just a cultural Mormon.