Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Spanish Rose



From Brett:

20 Years Ago...

This photo represents one of the happiest days of my life. I felt like I was the luckiest man alive and I couldn't believe that I actually had found her and she actually said yes.

I spent a-lot of years waiting for my turn and I had no idea that I would find a priceless pearl from the Spanish barrios of Houston. Who would have thought that? I had no clue, no inkling of the road that would lead me to where I am now and that I would find her when I did and how I did. Life is full of serendipity and twists and turns. If you listen down deep, life will take you on adventures and journeys you never imagined or anticipated. And they all will lead you to your true and best self, your most fulfilled self, the one that can only emerge when you have that unique person in your life that fills in all the empty spaces.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! I love you both!

Carrie :)

Ada's Girl said...

Happy Anniversary. We are all blessed by your union. Brett, Thanks for patiently waiting for the absolutely right person. Mom

Daisie said...

Wow, that was beautiful! Congrats to 20 (TWENTY!!!!) years!!!