Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A person I call Papi

A couple months ago I was able to spend quality time with some of my favorite people including the handsome gray haired guy I affectionately call Papi.

Since he is the #1 reader of this little blog, I thought I'd share some of these sweet pictures of him and also wish him a Happy Birthday! One of my favorite things is when he calls all the way from Mexico and in his thick Spanish accent starts quoting things I've written followed by a "Wow" or "Really?".

Being with him at Disney was like taking a child to a candy store for the very first time. He kept saying he felt like he was in a movie come to life. He did however wish he'd taken a pass on Space Mountain. "Mija, don't ever put me on a ride like that again!" he said. Nemo and Soarin' were more his speed. We chuckled hard when Moni got a call on her cell phone from a Disney cast member saying, "Hello. Mrs. W. I have a your Dad here with me. What is your location?"






Here he is with 15 of his soon to be 19 grandchildren. He'd call it a little bit of heaven. I call us blessed.

9 comments:

Ada's Girl said...

Fabuluso! Happy Birthday Conrado. You are the great and stable foundation of this wonderful, beautiful family. I'm sure that those grandchildren are going to remember that event and many others and gain strength from your wonderful example, love and testimony. Again. Happy Birthday!
David and Judith

Marisa said...

I love reading your blog too. I was finally able to leave a comment on here. I'm so glad we were able to go together we miss you guys and hopefully will see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Your Dad is so cool. Happy Birthday Conrado! We love all your family.

Daisie said...

What a sweet post! I can tell what a wonderful man your dad must be from knowing what a wonderful person you are!! The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree! Love the pictures of him with all the grandchildren--everyone looks so happy!!

Brett Nielson said...

Everybody love Papi!

Anonymous said...

Papito! How we love you. thanks Clau for capturing this moment in time so well. it was a magical experience to see him experience disneyland.

Kristin said...

What a treasured memory for all of you. I am so glad he was able to come on your trip. Family is everything!

Anonymous said...

oh your cute Papi. What a gem!

Melissa said...

Wow! So special and so much fun by all. You dad looks great.