Thursday, October 30, 2008

Max who?

Matthew knew exactly what he wanted to be for Halloween months ago.

"I want to be Max Hall," Matthew said.

"Max who?" I replied.

Brett chimed in his two cents, "Oh Claudia! He's the BYU quarterback, of course."

Well duh, of course!!! Brett's heart went pitter-patter when he saw his oldest son come down the stairs in all his Max Hall glory.




Matthew and his awesome piano teacher Bridget


We warned Matthew that given that we live in a predominantly "red" (70/30) area, he might catch some slack for wearing blue. He didn't care. He was just thrilled to be able to take down his brothers with all his pads on.

Here he is at his piano recital performing Halloween Hoedown. Wonder what Max Hall would think about that?


(I have no idea why this loaded sideways! Oh well, at least you can hear it. Kick back, tilt your head and enjoy the music;)

7 comments:

Laura H. said...

I wish I had learned to play the piano. Maybe someday... :)

thats one fun costume the piano teacher had. don't ya love the artsy type?

katherine said...

Good job Matthew!!!!! (Max Hall) I am cheering you on!!! Well, mostly because I am a BYU cheerleader.

Claudia said...

Dear Laura,

Bridget is most definitely the artsy type. Even though she teaches piano full time from her home, she is always dressed up and looking hip.

And as for you, it's never to late to learn something new. Faber carries a series of piano books designed for adults. Pick up a key board from a thrift store and go for it!

I have zero musical training, but thanks to my kids, I can now pluck out a hymn:)

Anonymous said...

He looks so handsome, I can just see the smile on Brett face!

Blue said...

he looked great at the school. and there were quite a few fans of Blue (the other blue). He was in good company. ♥

Anonymous said...

Nice costume Matthew.

Anonymous said...

What a talented looking stud!