Saturday, June 28, 2008

Analisa


Today is Analisa's 14th birthday! In honor of her we'd like spend some time bragging and limiting ourselves to sharing 14 things we LOVE about this gorgeous girl.


1.All my kids have have had funny nick-names given to them mainly by their Dad. At about 6 months Analisa inherited the name, "bundt cake" cause of her cute round face and body. At 5'6 and climbing she is now anything but round! We still call her bundt for fun. Sammy calls her Lisa, I call her Lisey, and to Grampy and her dad she is known as, "Tower Of Beauty".




2. Analisa has a great sense of humor. She cracks us up with her unique voice imitations. She can imitate voices from Beyonce to Harry Potter characters better than anyone I know. It's hilarious. If you're ever feeling blue ask her to do her made up Mr. Poco character, it'll be sure to put a smile on your face.


3. Analisa can be out in the blazing sun for 3 hours and lose in a 3 set tie breaker and still leave the court ready for the next match. Her resilient, positive attitude will carry her far in life.


4. She is also quite the boogie machine. With her long legs, and flowing curls she is a sight to behold. Her energy is magnetic. Analisa loves to dance and isn't shy about showing off her cool moves.


5. Analisa knows all about hard core practice. She will sit at the piano faithfully each day for about an hour and pound her little heart out. We have heard hours upon hours of scales, arpeggios and cadences. Her siblings have to close the doors sometimes to smoother the sound. She plays with great passion and has won numerous piano competitions around Utah. She has various Federation gold cups in Ensemble, Solo & Concerto Piano Performance as well as Superior ratings in Viola. Music- classical to mainstream is definitely a passion for Lisey.


6. A couple months ago as she was sitting in church, she realized that her name was on the program as the youth speaker for the day. "Oh my goodness, I totally forgot," she whispered to her Dad. "What should I do?" she asked. "Just bear your testimony," he said. And that she did. When her name was called just a few minutes later, she stood up with all the confidence in the world, explained her situation and bore a beautiful, heart-felt testimony. Don't know to many 13 year old teenagers who could get up to speak, spur of the moment in front of 300-400 people and share something deep and sacred.


7. Analisa is a loyal friend. She cares deeply for her friends and is most often the life of the party.


8. She is sweet.


9. She LOVES sweets!


10. She LIVES for sweets!!! I blame it all on Grandpa David, for introducing her to ice-cream at 6 months old. We lived in Ohio, birthplace to our precious one, where we'd frequently meet Grandma and Grandpa for ice-cream at Graeters. This love affair with sweets has remained strong & steady ever since.


11. If we could bottle up her giggly, hyper energy and sell it in pill form we'd be rich! Life is not quite the same around here when she's away.


12. She is a great big sister. Last week Sarah, Katherine, Matthew and I spent the week at Suzuki Institute while Analisa held down the fort at home. She tended Joseph and Samuel, cooked for them, played with them and made sure they had fun. She did a great job. We couldn't have done it without her. When you have a big family like ours, everyone has to carry some weight. Lisey is no exception. She does so beautifully.


13. Analisa can't go to bed without giving her mom a good night hug and kiss. If she forgets she'll get up and come find me. She is a tender girl with a close relationship to her momma. I pray we will always be close.


14. Analisa is a huge lover of family. Immediate and extended. She is often heard saying things like, "I love Grandma Martha", "Aren't Grandma and Grampy the cutest couple?" "I just love Papi", "I love Tia Moni, Tia Crystal... Aunt Lindsay" She loves them all, each and everyone. And we all love and adore her.


Happy Birthday sweet-pea! Your are truly amazing and our family wouldn't be complete without you and your beautiful soul. You help make our circle complete.


Love,


Mom, Dad, Sarah, Katherine, Matthew, Joseph And Samuel

7 comments:

katherine said...

I love my sister soooooooooooooo much! If you don't know her you really really really should get to know her. She has always put a smile on my face and I know that she will always be their for me!!!
LOVE, KATHERINE

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! My dear sweet Lisey (that's my name for you too)This Tia totally loves and adores you. You are a ray of sunshine everytime I see you even in your miniskirts :)

Thanks for always making me feel so loved and thanks for watching a America's Next Top Model Marathon with me. I hope your mom has forgiven me for that one! LOL!!

I am so grateful I know who YOU REALLY ARE! Come over and hang out with me some more.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Love you!
Tia Moni

Anonymous said...

We love, love love Analisa at our house! She's just as lovely inside as on the outside. But it's really hard to imagine her EVER being chubby!

Carrie said...

I know it's hard to believe Analisa was chubby, but boy was she ever and it seems like just yesterday. How did you grow up so fast Analisa? Happy Birthday! Even Gabrielle remembered it was your birthday today. Can't wait to see you! I love the beautiful picture.

Blue said...

boy, if we could just clone you, we'd open up a Rent-A-Kid business and get rich! ;-)

I'm so glad we're getting to know you. You're a super role model, and I hope my kids are watching!

Happy 14th birthday! ♥

Ada's Girl said...

Who wouldn't love Analisa? To know her is to love her. She is a joy in every way. We love that she still wants to have sleep overs at Grammy and Grampy's house. Yea! She is beautiful in and out. We are proud of every accomplishment and the way she takes in stride any disappointment. She's a winner.
Happy birthday Leesy. We love you tons.
Wasn't it Chris who gave her "bundt cake?

Kristin said...

Analisadefinitely is a keeper! She is a real sweetheart.