Monday, May 12, 2008

My Heartstrings

While reading a talk Analisa's friend Stephan gave on Mothers Day I came across this quote:


"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone


How true, how true! These priceless little spirits that exhaust, test and worry us are eternally linked to our hearts. To me, Mothers Day is a day all about celebrating that connection.


Thank you little ones, for being patient with me and loving me so unconditionally. I truly am one of the luckiest girls on the planet!







4 comments:

Ada's Girl said...

Mother's day is one of our many rewards for the privlege of being a Mom. What a blessing.

Carrie said...

I love being a mother too! Children are an incredible blessing.

Travelin'Oma said...

I love your quote. My youngest daughter is expecting her first baby and I'm so excited for her, and yet being a mother makes you so vulnerable. Being a grandmother makes you even more so.

Blue said...

that was certainly one terrific talk! and you certainly have fantastic children! we're so glad we know the Nielsons! ♥