Monday, August 8, 2011

h2O

I asked the Dad of a struggling teenager who's life had miraculously turned from dark to light what made the difference in his daughter's transformation. His response was simple, "We bought a boat."

Thanks to the generosity of Papa Hill, (Blake's Dad) I understood why an afternoon on the water surrounded by nature and loved ones would make for the best kind of medicine.

Here are way too many pictures (30) of our recent boating adventures.


cute little boating couple


Samuel is so lucky to have discovered the joy of boating at the ripe old age of 6! He loves the tube but mainly he likes to lay out at the very front of the boat and daydream.




My first time on the tube ever. I laughed so hard I cried. Thank goodness Paul was driving the boat. He was gentle but still made it to where it was fun without tossing us over.








Kate decides to water ski for the first time ever. Can you see the excitement in her eyes?


Paul and Blake gave her careful instructions. No one better to learn from than the patient Hill boys.


Love her nervous little grin here.


And she's up. First try! Way to go Kit-Kat!


Cute couple again.


Sammy took his role as flag holder very serious.


Analisa's turn.




And she's up. First try too!












The girls decided to go tubing rough style. Blake is giving Sarah instructions on how to hold on for dear life.






I love this picture even though it's blurry. So fun!




After everyone had their fill of skiing, the boat became a napping boat. The mellow playlist kicked in on the speakers and people clustered in different areas of what we affectionately call the Paul Hill/James Bond boat. Here he is chit chatting with my Katherine asking her about Junior High and life at 14. What a great time to relax, munch and mingle all on the quite of a beautiful lake.


Here I am before my first attempt at water skiing. Everyone made it look so easy. What was I thinking?! Yes folks, I even got my hair wet.


Blake was even sweet enough to get in the water to help me. Unfortunately, I was only able to stand up for 5 seconds, if that. Well, there's always next time!


2 comments:

Kristin said...

How fun! So impressive that Katherine and Analisa got up their first times. It took me FOREVER to get up my first time! That's a whole other story :)
Looks like so much fun. We need another phone call, catch up soon!
xoxo

Melissa said...

Wow...that looks like a ton of fun.

Spent a nice evening yesterday with your mom, Moni, Maya and then after another hour or so chat with your mom.