Tuesday, June 28, 2011

my girl at seventeen



It's hard to believe this lovely lady is beginning her last year as a full time resident on Sunnydale Dr. No need to remind me of how fast this next year will go. Little did I know when I had her and her older sister a mere 17 months apart, that they'd venture off to college and life outside my arms' reach all in a single year.



But my how she has blossomed over the years! I admire her qualities of faith, perseverance, humor, kindness and humility so much. As the next year flies by I will be sure to relish in our time laughing over silly texts and letters she gets from not so secret admirers. Bake extra batches of cookies as she crams for tests and continue to stay up til wee hours of the morning to keep her company when she hammers out papers on the computer. I'll even promise to work extra hard to get the latest dance moves she teaches us on a regular basis. And as always, I'll take every opportunity to tell her how amazing she is to me and those around her as she fills our lives with love and laughter.

2 comments:

Ada's Girl said...

What's not to love about that girl. She is wonderful in every way. Happy Birthday Lisey aka The tower of beauty!

The Egan Family said...

She is so pretty! I can't believe she is only 17 months apart from Sarah! My sis and I are 13 months apart, and we are super close! It's so fun to have close siblings!