Sunday, June 26, 2011

Idawho?

I must admit, when I heard a family reunion was to be held in spud country, I wasn't all that excited to go. There are so many fabulous places to stay-cation right in our own backyard after all. But I sucked it up, dropped a couple hundred in prep for our three day adventure and off we went to Napoleon Dynamite's hometown of Preston, Idaho.

The drive couldn't have been better. Brett drove up with the boys in the over packed van while the girls and I followed along with Analisa playing DJ on the iPod. We jammed out the entire way! I can always count on those girls of mine to keep me current.


After a few twists and turns off the beaten path we ended up on 200 acres of gorgeous farm land. Grandma Judith's brother, Uncle Brent was kind enough to share his newly built "cabin" with us that frankly made my quaint little home look rustic. I miss the double sink bathroom already!






The kids took turns riding the 4 wheelers and enjoyed beautiful vistas for miles around. Here is a one minute video I filmed with my flipcamera to document my first spin on the bad boy.



The boys had fun hangin with their one and only cousin on the trip.


We roasted hotdogs, ate one too many smores and were entertained by the lovely Katherine on violin.


As the sun started to set, Brett entertained us with his made up ghost stories that always include 3 little heroes that just so happen to be the same ages as our boys. He even went as far as to make up a G rated version of La Llorona. The real story still brings back so many scary memories of my days as a child in Mexico.


While the kids and company went off to shoot guns, I decided to stay home to sweep up crumbs. And somehow managed to find a few minutes to dive into a romance novel. This picture is hilarious! I took it as a joke on my own Mr. Darcy's cell phone. He thought it was so funny I had to include it on this little post just for a laugh!


There was plenty of time for playing games, hide and seek and late night Harry Potter movie thrills on the big screen.


Here are my darling inlaws and Aunt Lindsay just before a hike up the Idaho mountains. Just gorgeous.










The rivers and lakes were full to overflowing, but we still managed to enjoy a little time playing in its waters.

Who knew that potato land had so much to offer! A great time was had by all.



'til next time.

3 comments:

Ada's Girl said...

I loved every minute of this trip to the "cabin". Your pictures are beautiful and the 4 wheeler ride was fun to watch. Loved the screaming in the background. When the Krogh's come we will have to do it again. Brent and Sharyn were wonderful hosts and very generous with their toys, time and accomodations. Love them.

Carrie said...

So glad you posted. We missed you all terribly. Next time! :)

Daisie said...

Oh wow Claudia, GORGEOUS pictures!!! Looks like you had an awesome time!!