Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Goodbye Windex

One of the things that attracted me to my quaint, old house besides living on a street with the name Sunnydale, were the windows. Light floods in to almost every room on the first and second floor just beautifully. The family room and dinning room, where we inevitably spend the most time, have the most windows. If you've been to my house then you know how hand prints, foot prints, paw prints, pollen, dirt and hard water spots can take over these specific windows of my house. Now your probably asking yourself, how does she keep those windows so clean? ;) Well, today is your lucky day. I have the most awesome recipe for having streak free, clean windows using supplies you probably already have on hand. Just fill your kitchen sink or a bucket with a gallon of warm water and put a squirt of liquid Joy and a squirt of toilet bowl cleaner in while the water fills. Invest a few bucks in a good quality squeegee and scrubber that can be found at any cleaning supply store. They will have openings on the end to screw in a broom handle for hard to reach places. I use a micro-fiber cleaning cloth to wipe up the corners on places I missed. It works like a charm! I've been using this method for years and will never buy a bottle of Windex for as long as I live. Let me know how you like it? Happy cleaning! Marisa, this one's for you girl:)

1 comment:

Ada's Girl said...

Thanks for the recipe. After spending most of a day in hard window washing labor....I look forward to trying this. Thanks