Tuesday, March 25, 2008

In a rut...

I so want to snap out of this yucky mood I'm in. Maybe writing will help. I hate being angry with anyone much less with the people I love the most, my kids, specifically my teenage daughter. Brett keeps telling me, "Don't forget she's just a kid." He's right. She is a kid, she's my first baby, so why am I so hard on her. She is truly a great girl. Doesn't she know how much we do for her? Of course not. Did I at 15 truly know and appreciate what my parents did for me? She pushes my patience and hurts my heart sometimes. I need to forgive more freely and remember she's just a teenager. Set boundaries, present expectations and allow free agency, while showing an increase of love. This is my goal.

3 comments:

Brett Nielson said...

You're doing a good job! Don't be so hard on yourself either. You both are precious, more than you know.

I think we first born children expect so much of ourselves and those close to us. We need to love ourselves and each other more and remember to let ourselves and our kids grow as the Lord intended.

I've always been hard on myself. You've helped me love and accept myself over these last 18 years. I want to return the favor.

You are a great spirit. Don't forget it!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like this blog Claudia. I think I need a private one too!

It's hard to believe Sarah could be anything but perfect-- but I know Ben drove me crazy last year too. High School has been so good for him. Is she excited about the quartet? I think Danae is great and will be the perfect coach for them. I am ordering music today.

Love you! M

Blue said...

Hi Claudia,
your family is so darling. it's interesting to see parents that have children just a little bit older than mine (Bon is my oldest). i try to listen and learn from the great examples my friends are in this regard. i don't know your older kids, but that katherine is a gem. i'm glad she and Bon are friends, even if they're not the glued-at-the hip kind. it's kids like her that make me so grateful to be living here.
&hearts