Wednesday, September 4, 2013

6 months down!

 photo DSCsarah3.jpg

Our girl is officially 1/3 of the way done. If she were an Elder she'd only have half more to go. One year left. There is isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her or pray her. I'll remember some funny thing she said or hear her voice in my head singing a familiar tune and my heart is immediately filled with joy. While I'm proud of her work and thrilled for her growth, I do miss that little lady of mine. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall and watch her in action for just a minute.

Her weekly emails are like manna from heaven. In her last last letter she said the following:

I can't thank you enough for supporting me and taking such good care of me while I'm away. I get so worried you are all going to forget that I'm out here... but knowing that you are still all thinking about me was an answer to my prayers.

Oh sweet, precious girl, how could I ever forget you when a part of my heart is somewhere out there in Nicaragua.

No comments: