Thursday, April 7, 2011

bye, bye braces!!!



Having braces as an adult is like walking around for 11 looong months with a big zit on the tip of your nose waiting to be popped! It's painful, inconvenient and it's the first thing people notice with a face to face encounter.

As much as I hated little babies reaching for the bling on my teeth, and drive-thru clerks staring at my mouth with raised eyebrows; I must say, it was so nice to always come home and feel loved no matter what I looked like. My family always looked at me and loved me for me.

It took hours of hanging out with Samuel before he even noticed they were gone. It was only after I gave him a big cheesy grin and pointed to my smile that he noticed. He smiled back, gave me a hug with a gentle pat on the back, and said, "Good job mommy. You look pretty. I never noticed you had them to begin with."

I am blessed.

Now off to bite into my CK Cummings chocolate dipped in Oreo caramel apple. Ah, bliss!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

So very exciting prima!!!

Blue said...

I know you must have been aware of them, but I'm with Sammy...they were hardly noticeable and never had even the slightest chance of diminishing your radiance and beauty. But yay for getting them off in 11 quick months! Go Dr. Swensen!!! ♥

The Egan Family said...

ahhhh, you look so good! Congrats, you look beautiful :)

Daisie said...

Oh that Sammy--what a sweet one! You look gorgeous!!

The Stanley's said...

I hope you enjoyed every bite of your well deserved caramel apple!

Carrie said...

I totally understand your feeling about braces as an adult. It is horrible! You look beautiful!